On the last day of August we are already in that season where I have to keep an eye on the forecast lows. It was supposed to get into the 40s last night, so I had the greenhouse heater connected and set at 50. It came on at 2:00 AM and cycled until the sun came up just after 6:30. My outside thermometer bottomed out at 43 degrees. The forecast is for lows in the mid-50s the next few days so it will be a while before the heater is needed again. Afternoon temperatures were in the 70s today and it was just perfect at the greenhouse.
The Bachelor Buttons aka Cornflower finally bloomed yesterday. I have never grown these before and was a bit surprised that the plants are almost two feet tall, so I'll keep that in mind for next year.
Looking through the greenhouse windows at Coleus, Teddy Bear Sunflowers, cucumbers and strawberry baskets.
I haven't kept track of the hummingbirds for a few months, but I would venture to say this is a young Caliope. It is feeding on an agastache which currently resides in a grow bag. I probably will transplant it on the south side of the house yet this fall near another agastache.
The fawns sure are cute when they aren't destroying my Vermillionaire.
This Coleus is in a greenhouse planting bed and I want to keep it for next year. Rather than dig it up, I have taken two cuttings and hope to propagate from those.
As soon as the green spot in the middle fills in with yellow, I'll cut this Teddy Bear for a vase in our kitchen.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't post spam. Comments are moderated.