Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Are we done?

A little bit of snow is forecast for tomorrow, then the long range shows nothing worse than 45 after Saturday. Winter may finally be over, although the June 9 last frost date is an AVERAGE.

Today was a fairly busy day:

  • Watered everything, then took out the irrigation line for the mini and the north wall. Received the 4-line watering timer today so I will have to reimagine how to do this.
  • Moved almost all of the remaining succulents to the greenhouse. Broke the saucer for the big blue pot. All that remains in the garage is the sick, young, and unwanted. I have been moving aloe and Velteteen back to make room and will be bringing extra mint and rosemary also.
  • Decided on petunia pairings. The new Supertunia Really Red went into the Latte basket, and I took one new cutting. The Jazzberry clone went into the Honey basket. I added another Royal Velvet to the Blue Vein basket. I still have a Bubblegum clone and an unidentified one that is probably Priscilla or Blue Vein from the shape of the leaves. If it is Blue Vein it could go into the Royal Velvet pot to help out the cutting that is already there, or I might just start a new pot. I don't know if some of these combos will work but what the hell.
  • Fertilized the petunias. The dude on the Bauman's videos says to fertilize tunias every other watering, which is presumably daily watering and fertilizing three times a week.
  • Installed four of the 2-foot grow lights in the mini. Ordered six 3-foot, and will move the last two 2-foot over when those are received. I originally ordered 2-foot instead of 3-foot because I thought I might eventually use them in the mini. Here we are.
  • Took 12 Velveteen cuttings and put them in 4" pots.
  • 3D printed and installed new doorstop.
  • A couple of the strawberries have flowers.

Here is Really Red with Latte.

Grow lights.

The Sempervivums are hard to see on the top shelf, so I took advantage of some ladder time to get this image. The top shelf isn't big enough to hold the two 8-inch Semp pots so those are down below, but there was a little bit of room for the four little cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't post spam. Comments are moderated.