Somehow I didn't notice, but my 'Velveteen Aromatic' cuttings started a couple months ago are branching. I still have four in 4-inch pots, and started another 12 a few weeks ago. The latter seem to be firmly in the soil, i.e. they have rooted.
I dug up the allium bulbs today. If I replant them in the greenhouse, they will be along the southeast window. I wasn't real impressed with them. Only three of five bloomed, and the flowers don't last long. In their place at the end of the southwest planter, I put in one each of pepper, tomato, marigold and basil. The salad (west) bed is not going to be available any time soon, and I got impatient to plant something other than grow bags. Monday I will move some of the grow bags to the house. In anticipation of an upcoming trip June 11-16, I will be setting up irrigation at both the greenhouse and the house. Since this blog is not available to the public, I'm OK with posting that.
The alyssum seems to be growing well everywhere I have put it, and little flowers are forming on the plants in the barrel.
A few days ago I potted up two tunia cuttings (6-inch plastic) that were showing roots, Blue Vein and Bubblegum. I also took 12 new tunia cuttings and put them in Epic 6-cells rather than plastic cups. I think one reason for the low success rate with tunia cuttings is the plastic cups held too much moisture. I used the cups to see if roots developed, but if the plants are being smothered there is no point in that. The Epic 6-cells have slits in the sides so they shouldn't stay so waterlogged.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't post spam. Comments are moderated.