I planted the six perennials in the barrel and two grow bags. The middle of the barrel is getting planted with the monarda and the front planted with alyssum, leaving five changeable 6-inch pot slots for mint, thyme, basil, chives, velveteen, rosemary, sage, or whatever.
The forecasts indicate lows no worse than 45 out to June 6, so I'm starting to put things outside. The cilantro grow bag went to the house. I'm going to move the petunia and geranium pots to the house today, which frees up space inside the greenhouse for tomato and pepper grow bags. The pea baskets went on the west outside hooks at the greenhouse. They were slotted for the east side, but I'm waiting for chain from The Home Depot on Tuesday to lower them so the fan doesn't kill them. Hopefully they will still be high enough to foil the deer.
This is one of the milestone weeks of the year, the point where the garage has been cleared of everything except small, sick or excess plants. All the healthy stuff is either growing in the greenhouse or is transitioning to the outside. Some things such as the petunia baskets may not go outside until we get back June 16, but the process is well underway and mostly on track.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't post spam. Comments are moderated.