I've been shooting for this day for months. I put up six big brackets, replacing smaller ones, and hung the six petunia baskets at the house. I also hung two strawberry baskets.
It is sort of anticlimactic. It's just six baskets but they consumed me for months, and truly avid gardeners do so much more. I have three such people in my own family. I also have been planting perennials to fill in blank spots around the house, put herb pots on the patio, and have a table of succulents tucked under the patio roof.
I also moved the third tomato grow bag to the house, and moved all three tomato bags to the south nook behind the garage. I suspect the west wall where they were doesn't get enough sunlight.
Now I can walk around the greenhouse without bumping my head on a tunia basket. We are into production of tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, onions, strawberries, cucumbers and finishing up on peas. The broccoli is as it always has been, looking strong and producing nothing. I don't have anything demanding that space so it can continue on to its destiny, whatever that might be. However, I planted some dill seed behind the broccoli where the peas used to be, so eventually I might give up on the broccoli and let the dill see the light.
On the flower front, the marigolds are blooming, the nasturtiums are growing almost too well and have started to flower, there is alyssum scattered around and is growing but not flowering yet, the zinnias have mostly sprouted but are taking forever to grow, and the sunflowers are at various stages. The salvias and butterfly mint are attracting the hummingbirds, and I need to get some photos.
In addition to basil, herbs are at various locations: Thyme, rosemary, sage, monarda, borage, chives, velveteen, peppermint, marjoram, even stevia.
And of course there are the succulents. They may take over all of the space in a few years. And although I have shut down public access to this blog, I started a new blog just for them.
When I go through the list like that, I realize I do have a lot of stuff, not just tunia baskets.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't post spam. Comments are moderated.