Due to weather in Chicago affecting our flight connection, our trip to Pennsylvania has been cancelled. I dropped by the greenhouse to see what had happened in the 10 hours I was gone, versus the expected six days.
The sprinklers apparently went off at the appointed times, and as expected the four seed trays in the mini filled up with water. I put wicks in each of them to drain them, and three of the four worked. The fourth fell down, leaving the cucumber Jiffies sitting in water all day. So I put the wick back more securely.
The indoor peas are getting swamped by aphids, and the adjacent brocolli is doing nothing. It may be time to rip both of them out and put something else in that corner. I have three cucumbers and only need two for the baskets, so I might put the other one there, along with one more basil plant. I might seed a different type of basil that didn't respond to seed starters.
Here is a picture of a fox that went through the lot next to us yesterday. I don't have anything else to post so why not?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't post spam. Comments are moderated.